Thursday, January 6, 2011

Teaser for Next Blog...

Hey Everyone!! 


I am currently awaiting details on what I can include in here about my internship, so stay tuned for a new blog coming tomorrow night!! Until then, here is an in depth look of where I live on campus.


THE LIVING CONDITIONS


I am living in the heart of the Capital --- 3 blocks from the actual Capitol Building!! It is a one bedroom apartment that I will be sharing with two other people. My first roommate, Fred, is a sophomore from Morehouse Collage in Atlanta Georgia. My other roommate's name is Chris. He is actually a member of the Graduate Gateway program (Washington Semester for Graduates) and hails from Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, Virginia. The three of us are very different people, but have really gotten along great. We all seem to have developed different roles and practices out of habit. Curious what I am? The cook!Not to brag, but I have made some pretty delicious dinners already :). There is never a dry moment in Apartment 1 - there is always laughter going on and never ending crazy antics or witty comments. Our neighbors are awesome too and I look forward to writing more posts about them as 311 3rd St. becomes a family!






LOCATION! LOCATION! LOCATION!


From here there is a metro station (DC Public Transportation) just a few blocks away and many restaurants and stores around. Here is a map that shows my location and a picture of the outside of the apartment, I live on the first floor :) To make the map more meaningful, I can point out (ie. polite way of saying name drop haha) a few places. If you travel diagonally a few blocks -- yep the Capitol Building and behind that the Supreme Court and Library of Congress (nbd right?). I work in the Hart Senate Building which is literally a two minute walk from my house..amazing! Tomorrow morning I will start running around our beautiful neighborhood and eagerly await finding hidden treasures on my run. 



SAFETY FIRST!!!!!!!!!

You may have heard DC is a very dangerous place to visit and/or especially live. Where I have been and where I live there are cops EVERYWHERE!!! Seriously though, this is such a great place to live and experience. EXPERIENCE IT!! Come visit me?

STAY TUNED FOR THE NEXT BLOG :) 

Stay hones and keep keeping them honest! 
- Josh

1 comment:

  1. Reading this blog makes me miss my apartment so much. Nothing will ever compare to the experience of walking outside of your apartment and seeing the United States Capitol Building right in front of you. I miss the freedom and accessibility that city life brought. Most missed are the opportunities to explore with friends -- walk to a Smithsonian, a museum, or even a federal building.

    However, I think back to the way that my roommates and I got along that day - the instant chemistry that soon boiled over to disaster.

    ReplyDelete